THIS RELEASE FORM IS A CONTRACT WITH LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND APPLIES TO ALL RANCHOS CYCLING CLUB MEMBERS. READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
In the consideration of the acceptance of my application for membership in Ranchos Cycling Club (herein referred to as Ranchos) I hereby freely agree to and make the following contractual representation and agreements.
1) I fully realize the dangers of participating in this sport of bicycle riding and racing and fully assume the risks associated with such participation including, by way of example, and not limited to the following dangers of collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other riders or racers and fixed or moving objects, dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment and weather conditions and possibility of serious physical and/or mental trauma or injury including death, associated with athletic cycling competition.
2) I hereby agree to waive, release and discharge for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, assigned and successors in interest (herein after collectively “successors”) and all rights and claims which I have or which may hereafter accrue to me against Ranchos, its sponsors, officers, directors and any other activities organized or promoted by Ranchos; including travel to or from any such activities.
3) I agree and do hereby for myself/ourselves, my/our heirs executors, administrators, successors, assigns and next of kin covenant to indemnify and save harmless the Ranchos from any and every claim or demand of every kind or character arising from any accident which ever may be asserted.
4) I agree it is my sole responsibility to prepare for participation in races and club activities and to maintain my bicycle and equipment in proper working order. I understand and agree that situations may arise during races, training rides and other Ranchos events, which may be beyond the control of Ranchos and Ranchos members responsible for organizing such events and I must continually ride so as to neither endanger others or myself. I will participate in all the races and training rides wearing a helmet that satisfies the requirements of the USCF racing rules and that can protect against serious head injury and assume all responsibility and liability for myself.
5) I agree for myself and successors, that the above representations are contractually binding and are not mere recitals, and that should I or my successors assert my claim in contravention of this agreement, I or my successors shall be liable for the expenses (including legal fees) incurred by the other party or parties in defending, unless the other party or parties are finally adjudged liable on such claim for willful and wanton negligence. This agreement may not be modified orally and waiver of any provision shall not be constructed as a modification of any other provision herein or as consent to any other provision herein or as consent to any subsequent waiver or modification.